Part III: Chapter 7 Discussion OR
- If you were a slave during the American Revolution, which side would you have wanted to win? Why?
- What made the colonists realize it was time to declare their independence? Was it time? Explain your answer.
- Who counted as all men in the phrase all men are created equal?
Part III: Chapter 8 Discussion OR
- What was the Founding Fathers goal in creating the Electoral College?
- How did the Northwest Ordinance of 1787 set up the country for future expansion?
- The men who went to the Constitutional Convention were supposed to be the best men, and most virtuous (meaning that they would put the good of the public ahead of their own private interests). Were they? On what do you base your answer?
Part III: Chapter 9 Discussion
- How does the Whiskey Rebellion parallel the American Revolution?
- Explain the idea of states rights vs. federal rights. Which should have more power? What kind? Why?
- What was the Republican Mothers contribution to society?